<VV> Will it stink?

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Mon Apr 8 17:35:31 EDT 2013

On 4/07/2013 21:42, Ignacio Valdes wrote:
> Hi all:-)  I am designing a new house. The garage will be attached with 6
> foot high ceiling 'stalls' for 'Lisa' my 64 Monza Coupe. Lisa will be right
> below my kitchen. Since they don't have vapor recovery will she be gasoline
> stinky in my house? My current garage is detached and Lisa can do what she
> wants when I am not around:-)  Anything I can do to mitigate that?
The building codes in most all US jurisdictions require the construction
of a 1 hour (some are more stringent) fire-rated wall or ceiling between
an attached garage and any living space.  There are considerable details
involved, including sealing of all penetrations with fire resistant
sealer to make an air-tight seal. If properly constructed, I do not
think the "old car" smells will get into the house through such
construction.  It would be prudent, however, to consider a ventilation
system (on a motion timer?) for the garage that would remove fumes that
might collect and which might blow in when a door is opened to enter the
space.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI