<VV> Was VAPOR LOCK - now starting after storage

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 9 17:07:59 EDT 2013

For the (essentially once a year) spring ritual of starting the engine when
the carbs are dry, it only takes (less than) 5 minutes to loosen the pointy
bolt which holds the pump in place.  It can be primed (along with the carb
bowls) by manually pumping the fuel for that first start.  Hold it so that
the pump push rod is on the edge of the pump housing and gently push the
pump down to activate the pushrod.  Repeat the action several times (maybe
around 15 to 20) until you feel pressure or can see or smell gas in the
carbs.  Reinstall the pump and turn the key.
Later, JR