<VV> Pressure Plate release distance

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 11 22:09:23 EDT 2013

> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 14:59:39 -0400
> From: "Smitty" <vairologist at cox.net>
> Subject: <VV> Pressure Plate release distance.
> To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
>
> Smitty Says,;  I'm going to bet you if you bend the fingers 3/4 inch or 7/8
> inch or 78 inches you will do irreversible damage to them.  Isn't that what
> was asked.  How far do the fingers have to move to release the clutch?

 Smitty- Yes, I was asking exactly that- how far the fingers have to move to release the clutch- I'm converting to hydraulic actuated clutch, as I'm sick and tired of breaking clutch cables, and was worried that the master cylinder and slave cylinder combination that
I chose wasn't going to throw enough. As it happens, the combination of 3/4" diameter piston on the master, and 7/8" diameter piston  on the slave will work slick for my purposes, as the master will travel a maximum of 1.5", and that will cause a maximum movement of 1.1" at the slave, which is plenty of throw.
Kevin Nash 63 turbo, daily driver