<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 99, Issue 41

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 11 22:07:29 EDT 2013

> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 14:59:39 -0400
> From: "Smitty" <vairologist at cox.net>
> Subject: <VV> Pressure Plate release distance.
> To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
>
> Smitty Says,;  I'm going to bet you if you bend the fingers 3/4 inch or 7/8
> inch or 78 inches you will do irreversible damage to them.  Isn't that what
> was asked.  How far do the fingers have to move to release the clutch?

 Smitty- Yes, I was asking exactly that- how far the fingers have to move to release the clutch- I'm converting to hydraulic actuated clutch, as I'm sick and tired of breaking clutch cables, and was worried that the master cylinder and slave cylinder combination thatI chose wasn't going to throw enough. As it happens, the combination of 3/4" diameter piston on the master, and 7/8" diameter piston  on the slave will work slick for my purposes, as the master will travel a maximum of 1.5", and that will cause a maximum movement of 1.1" at the slave, which is plenty of throw.Kevin Nash 63 turbo, daily driver