<VV> Mechanic [ OT ]

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 00:27:00 EDT 2013

No Glamor? I guess it depends on how you look at it, but from my
perspective its a good honest occupation, being a mechanic. I have been and
still am a automotive mechanic having worked in a Ford Garage, and an
aircraft mechanic, for many years.

At the last Tech n Tune I attended by the local Corvair club, a lady
brought in her 65 to get her shocks changed. That was completed by members
for her, however, she complained about her Alternator light coming on
driving down the road, and we found the harmonic balancer had come apart
and was spinning at about half crank speed. There was a good used one
there, which we installed for her to get her back on the road.
Glamour? No, but its the good deeds we do for others, the extra
service, that matters. Glamour is for selfish people, looking only after
their own interests. Not for me, Thanks
But I do appreciate it when others give a compliment to the car. People
appreciate what we do with our cars. Mark Durham.