<VV> Expert witness info - Corvair included

Allan V. Lacki redbat01 at verizon.net
Sun Apr 14 11:09:35 EDT 2013

I conducted interviews with Carl Thelin by way of email last year and published my
interview notes in the Lehigh Valley Corvair Club's May 2012 newsletter.

You can read the interview article here, at the following web address:

http://www.corvair.org/chapters/lvcc/lvcc_newsletters/lvcc_2012_05_fifth_wheel.pdf

I provided a copy of the newsletter to Carl and he replied that it was a fair
recounting of his comments and opinions.

Carl Thelin is retired now, and he uses his blog simply to record the experiences
of his career. He is by no means interested in engaging in any more court-room
testimony or any other kind of safety consulting. I found his recollections of
his work at GM to be quite interesting. My sense is that he left GM not so
much because of the corporation's engineering decisions, but because he became
disillusioned with the way in which corporation defended itself against
safety allegations in general. And believe it or not, he is a former
Corvair owner. Al Lacki

-----Original Message----->From: Sethracer at aol.com>Sent: Apr 13, 2013 8:28 PM>To: virtualvairs at corvair.org>Subject: <VV> Expert witness info - Corvair included>>For some reason, probably the outcome of a Google search, I ended up at the > Blog of a crash scene investigator. He was a GM employee, worked on >Corvair lawsuit response, and left GM. He eventually ended up on the "other >side", so to speak. His name is Carl F. Thelin. A link to his musings is below. >He does talk about many "events", as he calls them, as well as discussing >the court rituals he has experienced, etc. I am not endorsing his >suggestions, his conclusions or even his observations, but I found it interesting >reading. Plenty of Corvair discussion is included. Some of it will, indeed >piss you off. But that is what discussion is for, isn't it? - Seth Emerson > >http://cxsi.blogspot.com/