<VV> Clutch Cable issues

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 14 11:22:08 EDT 2013

Mark, Joel, and everyone else that has been following this- I just cut off the good end of my broken, N.O.S. cable
and counted the strands- it is 7X19 1/8 diameter cable, and the desirable minimum recommended diameter for that is 3 inches.The "critical minimum" is 2.25 diameter, and for aircraft control systems, the diameter would have to be 4.375"
I measured my pulley (1/4 turn pulley at the first bend leaving the clutch pedal)- it has a 1.25" radius or 2.5" diameter.
In other words, the stock set-up is pushing the lower limit of acceptability. The 7x19 stranding, however, is much, much finer than the repro cable that I broke many years ago. Here's a link to the table: http://www.loosco.com/index.php?page=pulley-diameter .For a "permanent" solution, either larger pulleys or finer strands or some combination of slightly larger pulley, and slightly finerstranding is needed. I'm curious though, are the late pulleys larger than the early's ?Kevin Nash