<VV> Stepping on the wrong pedal; Was: Expert witness info - unintended acceleration (No Corvair)

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Sun Apr 14 23:37:25 EDT 2013

A few years ago it was the fashion in men's dress shoes for the toe of the shoe to be squared off rather than coming to a rounded point as we expect.  I always thought they looked like a duck's bill.  Anyway, I had to have a pair (God knows why) and twice I found myself stepping on the brake and the gas at the same time when I wore them driving.  Both times I ended up drifting past a stop sign and into the intersection.  Luckily, no one else was entering the intersection at the same time.  After the second time, I gave the nearly new shoes to Goodwill and hoped that whatever poor person ended up with the shoes wouldn't approach a 4-way stop at the same time as I did.

~Bill Stanley