<VV> Just an odd addition...

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 17 05:51:18 EDT 2013

I've got a 1965 Corsa.
I'm a bit tall so I modify things a bit in my Corvairs.
I change out the seats.  The latest has 2004 Chrysler Sebring seats
because I can lower and tilt the seat so I fit. The first thing that
goes is the stock steering wheel. I replace it with a much small
radiused wheel.

I have a 2000 Montero and I like the over head console because it has
lights in it. So I went to a salvage yard last week and pulled one with
it's mounting bracket and decied to see if I could modify it to fit my
'65. I removed the review mirror and with just drilling a few holes
(Being careful not to drill through the roof) I attached the mounting
bracket and then screwed the console to the mount.  It worked almost too
easily! Now I just have to wire it up.

There are two wire bundles.  One that has a red and a black for the
lights. For this I will run wires to the fuse block to power them.
And another for the clock.  It has a four wires. A red, a black, a
green, and a blue wire. Red and black are obviously power wires and the
green and blue wires are, I am assuming for dimming the display.
Anyone have any ideas how to test this?
-C