<VV> voltage regulator questions

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 16:30:25 EDT 2013

Ray, do the two regulators look the same? The same inside? There were many
versions of those depending on the type of generator and it just could be
defective. I would purchase from a known vendor to get the right part.

If  you have old ones stored away, oft times all that is needed to get one
working agin is to file the points to remove any ridges and then reset the
voltage once you have it going.

Besides doing that, there is nothing you can do to fix them.

I lost a couple of rear generator brackets years ago on my original car, so
to prevent repeats on those things when I got this one I replaced the
generator with a internally regulated alternator which are much more
reliable. I still have the generator sitting in a box with new end plate,
bearings and brushes if anyone is interested.

Mark Durham

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Ramon Rodriguez III <corvairgrymm at gmail.com