<VV> Busted clutch cables

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 17 17:22:48 EDT 2013

That was my only experience.  I suspect that most fail at the ball end when
it stops moving and a repeated strain is put on the cable enough times to
cause metal fatigue in the cable.

I probably should also mention that this happened on a car that I bought on
the West coast and had driven it about 1500 miles or so on the trip home
when the cable failed.  It turned out that someone had misadjusted the
clutch which was putting an extra strain on the cable.  It did take more
than the normal pressure, but at that time (when I picked up the car) I just
figured that someone had put in a heavy duty clutch.
Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140