<VV> Need front turnsignal socket for '64 FC

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Apr 21 21:07:32 EDT 2013

Bob,

Pg 99 in the Clarks catalog shows the lousy plastic housings you need, C
2558. The picture next to the 60-64 front turn signal listing (C 2558)
is for the 65-69 front turn signal socket (C 5104). Look at the picture
on the left side of the page next to 65-69 taillight (#2  also C 2558).

Most people think the all steel socket is better, although not stock. On
an FC I think these sockets are hidden, so you could get away with it.
Hre is one example:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pco-5406pt/applications

I have run a short #4 sheet metal screw through several of those plastic
sockets to keep the metal ground shell from pulling out. Works well, and
cheap.

Frank DuVal