<VV> Accelerator spring

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 22 01:45:04 EDT 2013

On a '65 (I'm guessing that '64 will be similar), the forward end of the
spring attaches to a tab which has a hole in it and is located just above
the perimeter seal and to the right (by a couple/three inches) of the
throttle rod which comes through the front shrouding.  The rearward end of
the spring attaches to the adjustable swivel piece which rides on threads at
the end of the throttle rod and attaches to a (2 inch or so) tab on the
throttle crossover shaft.  It also has a hole for the spring and in fact,
the spring holds the swivel piece in place to the cross shaft (which runs
across the engine - between the two primary carbs).

I'm not sure if '64 and '65 have the same style perimeter seal, but this
should give you a clue where to look.

Clear as mud?  There's got to be pictures someplace!

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140