<VV> Single Carburetor - Better formatted

Mike McCrae mmccrae6 at cox.net
Wed Apr 24 02:12:42 EDT 2013

My system works, but the oil has to be hot, and that takes awhile in the winter, especially if you’re not driving at WOT as in the dunes. My “perfect setup” would be to run exhaust through the plenum as does the single carb V W (and the Military Mule “M274A5”).
This could be accomplished by using the chamber already supplied on a smog manifold. One would then have instant heat, or at least as close as could be desired until the electric choke opened wide. I guess I’m lazy and just haven’t done this yet. I have two customers working on it as we speak.....
I don’t like running hot air into the intake as that’s like turning on the carb heat in an airplane......instant rich F/A mixture with resultant loss of power.....if you compensated by running lean jets, it might work great....the big problem I see might be in the initial startup...LOTS of choke required until the air source heats up....All carbureted engines are a trade off for the power band you wish to operate in....thus FI systems!

Regards to all, and thanks for the reply, Seth

Mike McCrae