<VV> smog pump cars, build verification

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Apr 30 22:33:09 EDT 2013

Must have been a long time ago.

I repaired a 65 coupe that had a head on collision in town traffic. It
drove the front panel into the gas tank. Angle crash, so the point of
the front panel took the most hit. Headlamps almost pointed at each other.

When I bought the front clip at a wrecking yard that specialized in
older vehicles, he was amazed I would pay $500 for it and get the
insurance company to reimburse. I had just restored the car for my
customer when she got hit, so it had a high provable appraised value.

I must find those pictures.

Before, after..... after, after...

Customer's name was Winnett and they move to New Jersey in the 90s.

The car got flooded in a parking garage, but I hear it was repaired again.

Frank DuVal