<VV> 66 Monza for sale

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Sat Aug 3 00:38:15 EDT 2013

1966 Corvair Monza For Sale
For sale ismy Cameo Beige 1966 Chevrolet Corvair Monza two door hardtop. This car is veryoriginal and has many factory options. The Aztec Bronze interior is in perfectcondition, no tears, no cracks and all original. The list of options include:
                Trunk and engine lights
                Fully functional and coldfactory air conditioning
                Tinted glass
                Deluxe seat belts
                Rear speaker
                Original GM rubber floor mat toprotect the front carpet
                Automatic transmission
                Positraction differential
                Four way flasher
                Front and rear bumper guards
                110 hp Flat six air cooledengine

There was awrite up in a recent Corvair Society of America national magazine, TheCommunique, on this survivor Corvair. The engine was completely rebuilt by MikeDawson in Feb 2011 when the car had roughly 59000 miles. It now has roughly67000 miles. I can provide the details and receipts for the engine rebuild. TheAC works great and still has R12 in it and I have extra cans to go with the car.I had the system checked out by an AC shop and recharged this July. The elusiveand rare bracket to support the compressor is on the car. The brakes are strongand it stops straight, no pulling to one side. The transmission shifts smooth,one of the best I’ve ever experienced. The steering has very little, if any,play. It has the original 13 inch wheels and 185/75-13 tires in great shape. Ithas wire hub caps but the original Monza hub caps come with the car. I evenhave the original order and delivery paperwork for the car showing the optionsand their cost. The sound of the doors closing is very solid. The car is extremelyquiet on the road. It drives excellently. The seats are still very comfortable.This car is one of the nicest Corvairs I’ve ever owned.

There are a several “door dings” on both sides of the car.Many have been “repaired” with touch up paint. At two feet these stick out likea sore thumb, but from 5 feet they begin to fade away (at least to these oldeyes). The trunk has some slight surface rust under the master cylinder. Ibelieve the trunk paint is still original. There is only one other speck ofrust, under the windshield on the passenger side. It’s a spot, maybe 1/16 of aninch in diameter. Currently the car has a aftermarket AM/FM radio cassetteplayer. I have the original AM radio with the front/rear fader. I plan toreinstall this when I get the time.
“So, if this car is so great, why are you selling it?” youmay be asking yourself. I have room for two “extra” cars. I have a 65 PG carthat I’m made several modifications to including just doing paint and body.Many of these modifications have been for safety (shoulder belts and seats withhead rests). This car is for cross country cruising and even a daily driver.The car for sale was acquired in a trade for my “race car” with the intent todrive it while I worked on the 65. Another reason to sell it is that I don’tfully appreciate the originality of the car. I have a strong desire to getthose door dings fixed and repaint the car. I’d also replace the audio systemin the car. Finally, I miss my “race car” and want to start working on a newone.
The car is located in Derby, KS, just a few miles south ofWichita. I’m asking $10,000 but will consider all offers. I can providedetailed photos of the car and will answer all questions. I just ask that youdon’t bombard me with questions about the car if you have no intension onbuying it. You can contact me by e-mail (aeroned at aol.com) or my cell (316)680-3483.
Thanks,
Ned