<VV> Low oil pressure switches

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Tue Aug 6 06:16:08 EDT 2013

 You need a switch to tell you your engine blew up????


John Roberts


-----Original Message-----
From: Sethracer <Sethracer at aol.com>
To: BobHelt <BobHelt at aol.com>; bryan <bryan at skiblack.com>; virtualvairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Mon, Aug 5, 2013 9:08 pm
Subject: Re: <VV> Low oil pressure switches

Bob's suggestion will appeal to those who are not paranoid! For those of us 
 who are <grin>, you can buy a single pole replacement switch that comes on 
 at 20 psi. Look for a "Longacre P/N 4308". I have that switch in my  
racecar (the only really good application) and saw it light up several  times at 

the Kalamazoo convention autocross. For racing applications, the  "often" 
2-3 PSI switches are also known as "engine destruct indicators".  They come on 
to tell you why your engine just blew up. - Seth  Emerson  


More information about the VirtualVairs mailing list