<VV> wiper switch wiring help needed

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 18:07:21 EST 2013

I'm installing a 63 wiper switch into a 62 car and ran into one little
problem.  The 62 and 63 wiper switches are different.  Each has three
wires.  The 62 has a red wire, white wire, and black with white stripe
wire.  The 63 has a red wire, a black wire, and a black with white stripe
wire.

It's pretty safe to say the red wire in the 62 harness should go where the
red wire on the 63 harness goes, but the other two I'm not sure about.  It
seems like they are both just ground, but I can't find them on the wiring
diagram (only shows a single red wire and the switch grounded).  Once I
have the car more put together I could probably figure this out with the
multimeter but I don't have a 62 switch to test and the car still has lots
of wiring that is not yet hooked up to various things.

The dash is otherwise all hooked up and ready to be put in place except for
this one hangup, so I'm hoping one of you might know the answer to this off
the top of your head.

Thanks!

Ray Rodriguez III
Corvair Nut