<VV> wiper switch wiring help needed

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Dec 5 21:42:10 EST 2013

Yes, switch is grounded through the nut holding it to the dash.

I don't have the diagram in front of me, just memory, but the three
wires to the switch ground to give you:

high speed
low speed
wash

I have also run into the 63/4 switch is different than the 61/62 two
speed/washer switch.

Give it a try with the red wire to the red wire terminal, the white wire
to the black wire terminal and the black with white stripe to the black
with white stripe terminal.

The worst should be the washer runs all the time. If so, reverse the
white and black/white wires.

If you pull the terminals out of the plug, you may be able to put the 62
wires onto the 63 switch without cutting anything. Look for the locking
tangs holding the terminals in place.

I recall the wiring for the two speeds is not on the diagram, but in the
wiper repair section.

Frank DuVal