<VV> '63 Spyder Convertible on

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Fri Dec 13 14:29:31 EST 2013

On 12/12/2013 9:34 AM, Gary Swiatowy wrote:
> A new car at $29,000 being a throw away in 10-15 years, sure! But that's
> after you drove it for 100,000-150,000 miles. Going back and forth to work,
> on vacations, running errands, all while having all the modern amenities.
after 100-150k it will probably need some work.
The body and much of the powertrain will likely be good for considerably
more than that.

fwiw, I cut up a '98 Regal that had had a hard life - upholstery was
trashed, and the motor died due to overheating and them mechanic
screw-up. (bold left in inlet, trashed piston)
Due to some foul-ups of my own, I wound up taking a sawzall to the body.

DAMN, that was a job!!!!

- but lots of parts for the Toy and for my '03 Regal!

--
Jay Maechtlen