<VV> shifter base studs

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Dec 23 18:34:05 EST 2013

All of the "quick-shift" kits on the market required this, in order to
install the spacer between the casting and the floor. I would carefully support
 the area around the head of the stud before tapping (ok, whomping) on the
tip of  the stud. The right size 3/8" socket should do fine. You might try
installing a  nice nut on the threaded end before hitting it, in order to
preserve the stud.  Someone might need the old stud someday, say, when they
grow tired of trying to  adjust the quicker shifter and realize that maybe
didn't really need it after  all. <grin> - PS - Say goodbye to those shims where
the shifter bolts  up against the floor (save those too). And make sure the
rest of the  "shift-train" is optimized.

Seth Emerson

In a message dated 12/23/2013 3:02:58 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,