<VV> Wheel Cylinders Survey

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Dec 25 14:29:51 EST 2013

Maybe the trick is NOT to do it, but be prepared to do it, if you have to!
- Seth

In a message dated 12/25/2013 4:22:02 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ricknorris at suddenlink.net writes:

Again,  back in the day when I couldn't afford nice tools I had a cheap
wheel
cylinder hone that was actually made to use sand paper!
I always  used wet or dry paper with WD40 as a lube. It worked as long as
you
cleaned  the cylinder well.

Rick Norris
1st CORSA President,  1971
www.corvairalley.com
Hurricane WV

Rebuild if  you can. I once had to go to a junkyard in upstate NY when
casting ear  broke on a whl cyl while racing at WG. Also broke an aluminum
brake  drum...and welds on front suspension...   I "honed" junkyard cyl
with
wet or dry sand paper and no leaks. Worked fine. The only LM  Corvair
anywhere that I could find...  What a cluster eff that weekend  was... LOL!

Chuck S
BBRT
YS 73 D  Prod

the  property