<VV> 1964 Spyder Shroud/Tin Question

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Dec 25 21:52:03 EST 2013

As far as I know, the part on the firewall was the same on my 64 Spyders
and my 64 Monzas. So is the little round hose adapter piece on the top
shroud. Only late A/C and turbo models have the oval hose adapter on the
top shroud (and located in a different area of the shroud). Awaiting
correction on this. ggg

BTW, the fresh air goes from the top shroud TO the firewall/heater inlet
box. The leak you refer to is letting cooling air short circuit the fan.
i.e. not good. This is the same as leaving that 4" of 3" hose off on
earlies or the long hose on lates. This leads to engine overheating, as
some of the output of the fan is just going right back into the fan. All
the fresh air on earlies comes in through the engine lid by fan suction
through the top shroud middle hole.

Frank DuVal