<VV> Tire size vs air pressure survey: an explanation

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Tue Dec 31 00:07:21 EST 2013

Given the initial flurry of responses to my previous post I think, perhaps, I should explain.  I said that in the rear tires I run the max. tire pressure as indicated by the tire manufacturer on the sidewall and inflate the front tires to 10 fewer p.s.i.  I should add that I have never mounted radials on my Corvair that bore a manufacturer's marking indicating greater than 34 p.s.i.  Consequently, what I am running is 34 p.s.i. rear; 24 p.s.i. front.  It works for me.  I do not hold myself out as an expert but what I do and what advice I passed on is based, not just on my own experience but advice I have received from others whom I do regard as expert.

~Bill Stanley