<VV> early front suspensions and upgrades

jay m jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Mon Feb 4 12:12:55 EST 2013

The front suspension bushings in my '61 V6 (was model 700) are pretty
tired, and I'm looking at options.
To add to the mix, its drum brakes seem to be from an early Tempest -
not only does it have 5-bolt drums, but the wheel cylinders are not
Corvair units.

I ran across the claim that the late front crossmember will swap into
the early unit.
It seems that those have easier adjustments and the bushings are easier
to get as well. (yay!)

So- is this something I should consider? Maybe I can find a late front
end with disks already on it?
Or, are there good disk options available nowadays?

FWIW, I'd like to move to the 5x115 bot pattern that I have in the rear.

Regards
Jay