<VV> Intermittent Wipers - More info

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Feb 5 19:27:07 EST 2013

Intrigued by the E-mails back and forth, I visited the Revolution
Electronics web site. They describe the kit and have a set of installation
instructions. Like Daniel, I have seen similar "types" of intermittent wiper
controls on the market for many years. They usually involved hanging a small
rotary control under the edge of the dash and turning on the wipers via the
original switch, then adjusting the time between wipes with the supplemental
control. The Revolution device doesn't work that way. It connects to  the
original switch and another power feed and ground. The original switch  will
work the way God and GM intended. Installing the kit presents you with a  few
alternatives for wiping intervals. Rather than trying to describe that,  I
am including part of their operating instructions. The unit is made to  work
with any GM 2-speed system, except for the ones with the hide-away wipers,
like some Corvettes. I am just lame enough in wiring (except, ahem, Ignition
 Wiring?) that I would prefer a plug-in solution. Something in the style of
 the 4-way flasher kit that the dealer happily installed in the mid-1960s.
The  Revolution kit is universal enough to fit many cars. With a few
connectors and a  bit of creativity, I'm sure a plug-in solution could emerge. By
the way  Revolution also makes kits to retain interior lighting for a period
after door  closing, keeping radio power on when the ignition is turned off,
until a door is  opened. All that "Luxury Car stuff" that comes on a Chevy
Spark and above  today!! Their in development link describes a few other
nice to have items they  are working on.

Section of their Instruction kit:

  The factory switch has three positions: off, slow, and fast.  The
Intermittent Wiper Module uses
the factory switch to select between  several modes of operation. The off
and “fast” positions
retain their  functions while the “slow” position becomes a “neutral point”
 in the operation  and can
be one of many selections. Moving the switch from the “slow” position  to
the “fast” position and
than back to slow (within about a half a second)  will advance the
operation one selection. Moving
the switch from the slow  position to the off position and back to the slow
position (again  within
about a half a second) will step back the operation one selection.  Within
the slow position, you
can operate the wipers once every 8 seconds,  once every 5 seconds, once
every 3 seconds, or
continuous stock-slow  setting.
When you first turn on the wipers by moving the switch from off to  slow,
the wipers will start off
operating once every 8 seconds. Quickly  moving the switch to the fast
position and back to the
slow position will  cause the wipers to operate once every 5 seconds.
Repeating this  operation
again will cause them to operate once every 3 seconds. One more  time will
advance them to the
continuous “stock slow” setting. Just as moving  the switch from slow to
fast and back will
advance one setting, moving the  switch from slow to off and back will drop
the wipers down one
notch. At any  time, moving the switch to the fast position and leaving it
there will advance  the
mode directly to the “stock fast” operation. Likewise, moving the switch
to the off position and
leaving it there will change the mode immediately to  off.
If equipped with washer control, pressing the wash button will operate  the
washer pump as
normal. If the wipers are in an intermittent setting when  the washer
button is pressed, the speed
will immediately advance to the  “stock slow” setting.

Worth checking them out at: _http://revolutionelectronics.com/_
(http://revolutionelectronics.com/)

Seth Emerson

In a message dated 2/5/2013 2:04:27 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,