<VV> Judson and Autocross

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 15:38:02 EST 2013

Thanks Ryan, that was the opinion I came away with after reading the rules
myself.  I'm pretty confident a Judson is definitely inferior to a modern
non-stock turbo so I think that is fair and logical.

On the Judson/140 topic for anyone curious:  Our plan is to get his car on
the road and running nice with the 140 engine and do some acceleration
tests.  After that is finished we are going to put on the Judson and see
what happens.  Since the Judson was built for two carb 145cid engines it
might not move enough air to benefit the 140 at all.  If we find a
measurable performance increase and/or notice a significant "seat of the
pants" benefit we will leave the Judson on, if not we will shelve it and
use it one of the 102hp engines eventually.

Thanks!

Ray Rodriguez III