<VV> Judson and CORSA autocross rules

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Fri Feb 8 19:14:44 EST 2013

Sorry, guys, but I just don't agree with you. A car either meets the
rules or it doesn't. A supercharger is a supercharger, not a non-stock
turbocharger. If you think a Judson should be allowed, you should seek
a rules re-write. To allow this is to invite a protest. If the guy
with the Judson wins, you end up with other competitors being very
unhappy. I can see the letters in the Communique now; guys promising
to never come to a convention again, to quit CORSA, etc., etc.

I don't disagree with your opinions regarding the performance of the
Judson, but that isn't the point.

What if a guy comes in with fuel injection and wants to run IS with no
points or something reasoning that it doesn't really make any more
horsepower than a 140. Where are you going to draw the line? Should we
just throw the rules away and have guys in tech assign cars to classes
based on what looks right or what they are told?

On Feb 8, 2013, at 10:04 AM, Sharon Leveque wrote:

> I agree that he should comply with the rules, but in my experience,
> the Judson kit in stock form is not more competitive than the stock
> turbo.
>
> Warren

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug