<VV> Turbo fuel consumption problemI'd map o

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Thu Feb 14 12:47:02 EST 2013

Grant,
    This response as well as the others you've gotten  are all good ideas.
You might also want to check out my chapter (#33) on  Turbocharging in the
CORVAIR BASICS manual available from CORSA.  This  covers  (among other
things)  modifying the stock pressure retard  setup on the turbo distributor to
add vacuum advance capability.  The turbo  Corvairs are the ONLY Corvairs
that don't have ANY vacuum advance in the  ignition timing.  This failure
causes a significant increase in  fuel consumption as well as poorer throttle
response especially in normal  "around town" driving in mostly unboosted
conditions.  You may want to  consider some of these suggestions in chapter 33 if
all the previously  given good ideas don't produce improvements in your
mpg..
    Good luck and let us know what you discover.
    Frank "boost IS the substitute for cubic  inches" Burkhard

In a message dated 2/13/2013 9:41:21 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,