<VV> Performance Workshop and HotRod Restoration Trade show

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Feb 14 12:35:31 EST 2013

Coming up, next month is the Corvair Performance Workshop in Indianapolis.
A big Thank You to those who have registered and another Thank You to those
who  have started sending in "Information" on their projects. If you
haven't yet done  that, please shoot a couple of photos and send in the info. Feel
free to brag  about your work, I know I will!

HotRod and Restoration Trade Show
The same week as our Corvair Workshop, Indianapolis hosts the Hot  Rod and
Restoration trade show, located at the downtown Convention Center. This
show is a "Trade" show for companies that do automotive work, sell  automotive
parts and generally support the restoration of older cars. It is  not a
"Kustom Kar" show, but will have many (40+) Custom or Restored cars on  display,
usually showing off the work of the companies or showcasing the parts  they
supply. Chuck Sadek and I have attended the last few years to  look over
the various new products coming out and ask questions of the suppliers  trying
to see what items could be utilized on our Corvairs.

The show is a "Trade Show" intended not for the general public, but for
automotive businesses. To attend, you have to show some "connection" to an
automotive business. Passes to the show are free - at least until February 22.
 Although the show actually kicks off on Thursday with an "education" day,
I  recommend taking in the show early on Friday Morning, if you can, since
the  Indianapolis folks are working of some Friday tours and, of course our
Friday  night dinner really kicks off our Corvair Workshop.

I wish I could hire everybody as employees of Silicone Wire Systems for the
 day, or just give out passes, but the organizers have officially frowned
on  that. But be creative about your automotive connections and, if you are
interested, go to the registration link below and sign up. I absolutely
guarantee that you will see something that you would find useful in building or
 restoring your Corvair - or other vintage car.

_http://www.hotrodshow.com/_ (http://www.hotrodshow.com/)

And look for the show registration tab.

If you have any questions about the show, including types of companies or
hardware you might see, feel free to drop me back a note.

See you all in Indy for the Performance Workshop!

Seth Emerson