<VV> retrosound/corvair

John Miller ssvairnut at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 17 13:03:52 EST 2013

Not sure what you meant  by couldnt read it? I can read the digital display from nearly any angle easily, that is one thing I liked about it. The face on my LM's is angled down and I am able to mount it flush for a smooth transition..I have a couple retrosounds and the installs were way easy. Yes there are several parts, and it does require a little fitting, but because the radio is so small it is easy to adjust. All of a sudden you couldnt hear it?..I would suspect you had an improperly grounded output overloading the amp. Now on an AC car you cannot angle it down because of the middle vent, but the straight in fit looks ok. Get used to "not a perfect fit" you drive a Corvair -- it's only going to get worse.

John Miller
JTVairs.com
Des Moines, Iowa

Ray:
Amen brother! ?I also bought one of thoese RetoSound radios about a year ago. ?It fit in the stock location but the angle was totally wrong, with some tweaking of the bolts and knobs I was able to get it in but you still couldn't read it from the driver's seat.
It worked ok for less than a year, then all of a sudden...no sound at all. ?I took it out and noticed that it weighed about a third of the original stock radio...it feels really junky.
I'm planning on sending it back, but at this point, I'm going to put the stock AM radio back and hide a stereo under the front seat.
They can make all kinds of sophisticated modern electronic hardware, but there's nothing as good as a solid heavy hunk of metal with old-fashioned transistors, filters, whatever...
Best regards...Bill Hershkowitz ?66 Monza Sport Sedan 110 PG A/C