<VV> custom distributor curve?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Wed Feb 20 20:21:10 EST 2013

I'm aware of the kits of three sets of springs and that there are different
weights out there but that is about it.  How do I know what kind of curve I
want, and how do I figure out how to create that curve once I know?

The Distributor:
AFAIK stock 140 distributor

The Engine:
140 engine
LeVair 1/8" over bore stock carbs with other mods (relocate jet etc.)
Bored .060 over
280 Isky Cam
Increased compression heads (no step)
Clarks Ultimate headers exhaust
66 4 speed trans

Use:
Plenty of street use but trying to make a good autocross car out of it
(also road corse, hoping to do the Olympics this summer).

Thanks for any advice!

Ray R.

  Ray.....   First talk To   Warren / Michael for their recommendation!  They got experience!

  To properly "re-cure"  you need a Dyno....   to  Chart results...  and then make a decision on a curve,

 Then you need track time to   "  fine tune it"

  Barring that... since you do not have an assortment of weights and Dist. Cams...

Put the fast set in and try it... then the Medium...  Then Mix springs...   You may fine a "sweet spot"

  But first and foremost....  remove you Vacuum advance......  that is for economy..for the Dummy...

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages