<VV> igntion curve

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Fri Feb 22 12:48:19 EST 2013

Unless higher octane gas is used at '''events," an optimized centrifugal advance and initial timing would be the same as the everyday street setting.
Advancing the timing when VA disconnected would "over" advance the timing and result in pinging/detonation at full throttle .

Tuning the mech advance would be evaluated at full throttle, rpm by rpm to make a curve.

Yeah, in theory the knock eliminator should protect the engine, within it's capabilities to retard the timing.