<VV> Frank Gets Corrected Re: Vacuum Advance? Re: custom distributor curve?

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Fri Feb 22 23:46:21 EST 2013

Bob,
    I was just "checking" to see if you were paying  attention!!!<GGGG>  If
you believe THAT I have a bridge in  Brooklyn I'd like to sell you!<GGG>
    Seriously, YOU ARE CORRECT,  Bob.  With the stock turbo setup, if you
are getting  boost at ANY rpm then it will retard the timing to LESS than the
 base timing which is supposed to be 24 deg. BTDC (for 65 & 66 180
engines).  However, if you are OVER 4000 rpm, then you'll be getting some
MECHANICAL advance as well which will increase the timing ABOVE 24 deg. to be
reduced by whatever the pressure retard subtracts.  So below 4000 rpm, any  boost
will RETARD the timing.  Above 4000 rpm the mechanical advance will
INCREASE the timing while at the SAME time, any boost will RETARD the  timing.   I
hope I have this right now.<GGGG>
    I guess you guys driving out West can get boost at  2000 rpm much more
easily than those of us driving in the "cityfied" areas of  the NorthEast.
    Thanks for the correction, Bob
Frank "the other one" Burkhard
Boonton, NJ.

In a message dated 2/22/2013 9:14:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,