<VV> carb Synchronizing and Airflow Balancing

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Feb 26 23:37:26 EST 2013

 I then went through
the synchronizing instructions and after a LITTLE tinkering and adjusting, we
have a super smooth idle.  I surprised myself at how little effort was required
to get things correct, but i'm not complaining.  Again, thanks a million to all
who helped.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook

 Randy,   it sounds to me you are just doing the "pre-start" adjustments from the manual?   You are not  using any type of gauge  while the engine is running?  You can get   things a lot better by  balancing airflow, either per the GM  Corvair Tuneup  video on Youtube and other sites...  or using any one of the number of meters  that we've discussed here many times...

http://youtu.be/J0N5ZtF1cCM

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio