<VV> Rochester ID help and advice?

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 21:01:33 EST 2013

Hiya folks.  I don't yet have Mr. Helt's book on the Rochester carbs.  I'm
trying to identify the carbs I have here and found that there are quite a
few different lower half designs.  I'm aware of what years have the idle
vent and which do not, and that up until late 64 the enrichment valve was
not there, but I still have some issues with identifying them.

I saw something that lead me to believe that smog carbs might not have the
enrichment valve either.  Also I know on at least one style lower body
where to look for the plug indicating that the carb has the enrichment
circuit, I'd really like to be able to tell for sure whether or not each
carb has the enrichment valve without having to take the cluster off each
one.

Thanks!

Ray Rodriguez III