<VV> A reason to worry?

Chuck McKinley cmckinley313 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 3 14:35:15 EST 2013

OK, I tried this test, jacking up both the front and back ends of the car (one at a time), and didn't see any pinch at all anywhere around the door frame. I might add that the pawl plates (not sure that's really what they're called) on the doors that enage the latching mechanism are pretty worn, to the point of being deformed, and it might be that they're simply not getting properly engaged unless I slam the door. I might try lubing them a little (once every 20 years, whether they need it or not!) and see if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
Chuck

PS Mark, as far as replacing the floor panels properly, as you suggest, great idea, but I've decided I'm not spending any more serious money on this car. It's either going to be driven as is until it rots, or retired and parted out if I decide it's not safe to put on the road. I've got five cars and a motorcycle, so one less car won't make any significant difference to my mobility.