<VV> A reason to worry?

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Jan 4 09:06:24 EST 2013

Lack of lubrication is the most like possibility … wear, not so much.

The chances of the right door latch having the same amount of wear is most unlikely and you did say 'It can occur to either door about equally.'

You also said 'When I slam it shut, it seems OK for the Moment.'  Does that mean it stays latched until after the next time to door is opened or does it mean it is likely to happen again before the door is operated?

Cornering the vehicle imparts a longitudinal torsion load which would be difficult to duplicate on your garage floor.  It does not usually create the 'pinching' condition on a vehicle with a 'B' pillar as discussed earlier.  It is less than likely that it would even partially unlatch the door.  It is more likely that the door latches would hold a severely distressed car together.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
65 Monza 110hp 4 speed 2 door
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.