<VV> '62 front suspension

chsadek at comcast.net chsadek at comcast.net
Sat Jan 5 10:40:47 EST 2013

Tony,

I can tell you why I didn't use P OR-15 back when. It wasn't readily available.

What I did;  I thoroughly cleaned a LM disassembled cross member inside and out, coated all surfaces with the old fish oil red Rustoleum, then Rustoleum C lean M etal P rimer ( - allowing paint to stick to the red primer - it was yellow ), then coated that with Satin Black paint. I used a modified cotton " johnny mop" to draw thru inside of cross member for each coati ng.  Only a few stone chips have penetrated thru all three coats of paint and were easily touched up. That cro ss member was painted in the early  80 's and is rust free, as far as I can tell.

Chuck Sadek

BBRT