<VV> Car & Driver's "Looking back at the Corvair"

ROBERT JENNINGS rjennings at cass.net
Sun Jan 6 09:16:22 EST 2013

I have driven many miles with Corvairs (mostly in the 1960 & 70's) without
knowing the tire pressures were supposed to be different.  I wasn't until I
started driving my 60 700 Coupe in 2008 that I discovered what they should
be.  I will admit when using bias ply tires the car is quite skittish at
speed in a cross wind if the tires have equal pressure.  Every time I have
the car greased & oil changed or have the tires repaired I have to argue
with the service people about what pressures to use - and they do not always
comply. note: I drove this car over 13,000 miles last year.

ROBERT W JENNNIGS
137 Division St
Morenci, MI 49256
517-458-1586