<VV> Cynical Question on Acetone/ATF Mix

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat Jan 5 20:01:59 EST 2013

At 04:27 PM 12/31/2012, RoboMan91324 at aol.com wrote:
>I have heard of the 50/50 acetone/ATF (A/ATF) mix  before.  If this cheapo
>mix is twice as good as the best commercial stuff  and nearly five times as
>good as the worst commercial stuff, why hasn't  someone marketed the A/ATF
>stuff and swept the market?  In effect;  is the cheap stuff really that good?

I recall how recently it was discovered that plain ordinary aspirin
worked better at helping prevent certain heart issues than several
high tech (read: expensive as hell) prescription meds and nobody
seemed to recall how it was that the pharmaceutical industry didn't
realize this.  Or, maybe they DID but didn't say anything...

I've mixed up impromptu concoctions of atf and acetone and brushed
onto stubborn fasteners and the stuff works.  Maybe somebody
somewhere will get around to concocting their own batches, then
selling it in cans as if it's some sort of miracle drug for fasteners
and charge 20 times what it's worth til somebody else figgers out
what it actually is...?

  Or something.

tony..