<VV> Crankcase Vent

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Fri Jan 18 14:22:55 EST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Smitty [mailto:vairologist at cox.net]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 12:48 PM
To: 'virtualvairs at corvair.org'
Subject: RE: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 96, Issue 36

From: Jay Pitchford <jay.pitchford at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: <VV> Crankcase Vent

Oh Geez ... now I have to erase the mental image of Smitty being unable to
handle the yellow fog that smells pretty bad seeping out of his orificed
tube on a hot day.
TLH-jr
Smitty Says;  Don't erase it Jay.  I went to all that trouble to warn folks
of the insidious scorge that lurks within that tubing.  I want people to
think about things like that when they try to out engineer GM.
Seriously though, I am at a lost to understand what is going on with that
car.  I have no doubt it is a world class restoration as far as quality of
workmanship goes.  But how can even an idiot with deep pockets pay that much
for a car with Pep Boys wheels and JC Whitneyair cleaners and wire looms on
it?  It's not restored.  It is remanufactured (just like my wagon).