<VV> "Thrill-handling Corvair" at the limit - memories of Joey Chitwood

Charlie chaz at properproper.com
Wed Jan 23 13:07:30 EST 2013

Correct, oversteer is a problem (for sloppy drivers), because you get more
than you give, so to speak, making it more exciting than most drivers can
handle, causing trouble.

Was it Seth that said that no new cars handle badly?  Is that because they
all (at least the FWD ones) understeer, which is "safer" because they don't
cause the car to spin out which could cause the car to go off the outside of
the curve?

Oversteer can more often cause the car to spin out, and possibly go onto the
inside of the curve (and with underinflated rear tires to "tuck-under" and
flip over)?

A Corvair can go where you point it by just "steering less" before it goes
into drift mode (steering left to go right" mode), whereas FWD cars can get
to where you "can't steer enough" to stay on the road?

Thrill driving is not just for Joey Chitwood anymore - take your Corvair to
the limit!

Charlie