<VV> "Thrill-handling Corvair" at the limit

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Wed Jan 23 14:07:50 EST 2013

You wouldn't know anything about this, Seth, but deep snow is one instance
where Corvairs understeer rather badly due to lack of weight in the front.
 Some people used to put weight in the front in the winter, but I found it
more entertaining to break the rear end loose and oversteer through the
corners.  Also, my wife wasn't always pleased when I'd do a 180 on the snow
covered street out front in order to park the car on our side (with her in
the car). (I guess this proves your second point.)  Empty, snow covered
parking lots were also a lot of fun -- and a good place to teach your kids
car handling techniques.  Today this will get you a ticket.

I don't drive the Corvairs in the snow anymore, but it was a lot of fun
back the day.

Dave
Rochester, MN

--