<VV> piston rings

Eric Lucas ericlucas at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 14:18:54 EST 2013

Spence,

I suspect valve guides. I have seen this before with the worse condition at idle. Higher rpms tend to mask it as the inertia of the valve at higher speed helps mitigate the sealing. Also, you have good compression which further makes me want to look elsewhere. I don't think the style of valve seal is your problem. You could check the plugs and see which ones were fouled and might point you to one particular valve. If it was rings, you might rather expect fouling on all cylinders.

Hope that helps.