<VV> Fan Belt Physics

Bill & Chris Strickland lechevrier at q.com
Mon Jul 1 18:16:18 EDT 2013

> Belt is too tight!  When the engine is COLD...using your HAND ONLY pull back on the idler/ tensioner pulley..   lock it and leave it..
>

> You should be able to slip the alternator fan with a finger...

Well, that is one opinion and it seems to work for lotsa folk, but it is
not the only opinion.  I don't like the idea that I could be loosing a
lot of cooling air in an already inefficient system by fan belt slippage
due to the belt being too loose.

Fan belts are now made a lot tougher than they were in the sixties --
use good ($$$) belts!

Bill Strickland