<VV> Gas price survery - not what you think

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Jul 3 23:13:55 EDT 2013

The Wiki says:

"The average price of a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline  first reached
the $1.00 mark in the US in 1980. The average price  that year was $1.19 per
gallon."

Remember they are talking the average over $1.00  - I remember
over-a-dollar pricing in death Valley and inside Yosemite way before that!

I do remember pump displays with the windows notched to the left to
indicate more than 99.9 a gallon. Those must have been the first pumps to be
converted.

Seth Emerson

In a message dated 7/3/2013 8:08:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,