<VV> Prime engine ?

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 00:03:15 EDT 2013

Rich, when I rebuilt my engine I primed the engine with a large and long
flat blade screwdriver. You can do it with a drill, however, I just turned
the pump until it built up pressure so I could not turn it any more, and
repeated it until the oil level quit dropping, showing oil had filled all
the galleys. It took 7 times. I took off one valve cover and got oil out to
the rockers that way, so it even filled the lifters so they made no clatter
on real start.

Then I installed the distributer, turned it over with the starter and no
spark plugs installed, oil pressure came up in about a half second, so I
know my procedure works and you don't have to build or buy anything if you
have the screw driver to fit.

Then I put in the cleaned and gapped plugs and the oil pressure put the
light out just before the engine started.

Mark Durham.