<VV> Dehydrator?

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 16:37:32 EDT 2013

Harry, aircraft engines are shoes from the factory with these installed
if the engine is not going to go in an aircraft within a month or two.
They remove moisture in the cylinders, where most moisture is produced
and collects. The ready of the engine is "preserved" by running the
engine or pre oiling the engine with a percentage of preservative oil
in the mäin oil that coats everything and clings. This oil is also
sprayed into the cylinder through the spark plug hole then the engine
sealed with the dehydrater plugs. Engines can sit for many years that
way.
One engine overhauled I know works only on large radial engines and is
still buying up engines in metal cans sealed up during WW II. And there
are many good usable parts in those engines.

Sent from my Windows Phone