<VV> Why would anyone... WAS Bad paint product warning

Shelrockbored at aol.com Shelrockbored at aol.com
Sun Jul 14 16:06:04 EDT 2013

Why would anyone paint a carburetor gold?

In a message dated 7/14/2013 10:18:57 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

As I  told Grant in a private email - I learned something here.

I've  got six carbs that I just rebuilt on the table next to me as I type
this along  with a seventh which is nearly completed.  I do detect a slight
color  variation between tops and bottoms on a few (not all) of them now that
I look  more closely, but nothing as pronounced as the carbs I've seen from
 Grant.  Up until now, I just figured that he was making the tops that
gold color as sort of a signature that the carbs had been rebuilt by  him.

Later, JR